Saturday, June 06, 2009

view from the top.


Today was cold, gray and wet. Before the weekend cold front we got out to enjoy a warm summery day. We were coming home from a garden center with a flat of prairie plants for our new mini rain garden behind our house. From a distance we saw the ferris wheel and knew we had to stop for a bit to wander the fair. It was the perfect day to be outside.


I'm afraid of heights, but hey, part of living and growing is confronting your fears, right? If I can chant my way through an MRI in a tiny tube, I can take pictures hands free while at the top of a spinning rocking metal contraption! ;)



Of course the boys were oblivious to my sweaty palms. They just thought it was fun and that there was a great view from the top. Oh, and that sign down there says 'cotton candy'...can we get some??

5 comments:

tiff said...

love ferris wheel photos...always fun to escape to the fair...and you would never know that there was rain a comin'...what a beautiful day!

Anet said...

Gosh, I'm the same way. I lost it in a MRI machine! And I do NOT ride on ferris wheels!
You are so very brave to face your fears, awesome!!

dawn klinge said...

Ferris wheels scare me a bit as well...especially if I have to take my hands off the bars. You got some great shots though.

Anonymous said...

Attagirl!

TCallihan said...

I love that first picture! The first time I rode a ferris wheel, I was really surprised at how scary they can be. Our fair doesn't come until the end of September. We can't wait.