Monday, December 17, 2007

Home Office.


The other day A said to me that he wanted to go to school or an office. "Why?" I asked. "Because I want a desk to practice my writing and a place to put my things," he said. Well, we can make a desk right here, how does that sound --to which he said GREAT! He always wanted his own home office (!).

We took his wooden table, found a new cloth covering, and got a lamp from elsewhere in the house. We set it up at the bookshelf so that he would have shelf space at hand - where he placed his pencils, erasers, a sharpener, notebooks, and a few maze books. He then went through the house carefully collecting things. On his table he placed a photo, a winter "scene" using a few wood snowmen, and a coaster for his water glass.


He turned on the lamp, and then proceeded to write words in his notebook, look through many library books, and play with his trucks. We move the table when the boys have snack time but always put it back. Over the past few days his books have been rotated, he has some bowls now on a shelf filled with rocks, shells, and chestnuts, and he keeps a basket of cars. It is his own cozy corner.

He says he now has just what he needs to do his work!

8 comments:

live4evermom said...

Kids are funny. Mine have their desks but sometimes want to sit on the sofa to do their work. I love your idea of the bookshelf right there with all his "stuff" right there where he needs them.

denise said...

It is true!

We usually write and do crafts at the dining room table, and then they each have a table in our little craft room - but he wanted something all his own, setup just how he envisioned it, in the middle of things! :)

Lora Maria said...

Oh, that is SO cute. You must be proud of your hard working little man! =)

Lizz said...

Cozy little spot.

Jodi Anderson said...

That is so sweet and cozy.

Monika said...

Hey
Just wanted you to know – I love your blog! It’s very interesting, I love to read it!
Please visit mine (my everyday glamour) too, maybe we can link up? Take a look at it and leave me sum comments there, I would love to hear your opinion
Hope you’re okay,
Chililady from Austria
PS: sorry for this spamming 

Aimee said...

simply adorable!! what sweetness :) Everyone needs their own "thotful spot" I believe that Pooh bear said!

piscesgrrl said...

If I had a desk like that, I'd want to go to the office every day too!