Thursday, December 13, 2007

Fabric Coasters.


I picked up a bag of odd fabric scrap strips at the fabric store -- thinking I could do something with it all. I think that fabric has been sitting on my table for over 2 months. I pull strips out, lay a batch together, look at it a few days, change them around...not sure what to do with them since they are so narrow. I finally decided to make fabric coasters.

This is a first try so they are not perfect - but I like the color and textures from the fabric and the stitching. The back has some contrasting thread and a different middle stripe. I think I must make more!

5 comments:

Lizz said...

Those are ROCKIN' Denise!

tiff said...

What do you mean those are not perfect...they are so NICE...CUTE...COOL! I LOVE the fabric.

Chole White said...

What fabric store are you going to that you get bags of scrap? Umm, not that I need more scrap. It's for, "research", yeah that's it, "reasearch". ~chole

denise said...

Chole-It is Stitchers Crossing (knitting/quilting store) on Mineral Point Road (http://www.stitcherscrossing.com). I received a gift certificate for my birthday and have been back a few times to use it! :)

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I really like the patterns and colors on these coasters. They look both modern and patriotic at the same time. I can see using them for the 4th of July.

You are so creative.